The Chanticleer Intelligence Brief (CIB) is a student-run initiative supported by the Department of Politics at Coastal Carolina University. It operates as an ancillary practicum for students in the Intelligence and National Security Studies program who wish to cultivate and refine their ability to gather, analyze and present information in accordance with techniques used in the intelligence profession. The purpose of The Chanticleer Intelligence Brief (CIB) is four-fold:
1. To provide aspiring intelligence analysts with professional training in accordance with the tradecraft used in the analytical profession, including oral and written briefing conventions.
2. To provide aspiring intelligence analysts with opportunities to develop their area–specialization and deepen their geopolitical and topical knowledge.
3. To promote leadership, team–building, opportunities for constructive debate and peer/professional networking skills among students.
4. To identify personal biases and replace them with the principles of analytical tradecraft, aimed at refining the art of producing well–researched, factual and impartial analytical products.
5. To promote and cultivate among the student body an interest in current affairs and their future significance.