CIB-TAG Moderators: Ana Maria Lankford, Ellie Simpson
THE CHANTICLEER INTELLIGENCE BRIEF- Tactical Analysis Group (CIB-TAG) consists of CIB analysts and senior analysts with a strong interest in conducting thorough, in-depth examinations of timely topics relating to security and intelligence. The purpose of CIB-TAG is to foster discussion, exchange of views and detailed engagement with the nuances of topics behind the news. This circle of analysts meets periodically to conduct “deep-dives” into pressing matters in domestic and international affairs. To join the CIB-TAG, please email email@example.com.
The themes of CIB-TAG meetings are purely tactical and focus on details and nuances of major topics in security and intelligence, which are often overlooked in the news. We do not engage in political critiques of our subjects, but rather seek to understand their objectives, delineate their architecture and mode of operation, and explore the mechanics of their activities. For instance, a discussion of the pro-Russian separatist fighting forces in eastern Ukraine (such as the Donbass People’s Militia or the Prizrak Brigade) will not critique their politics, but will rather focus on their command and control structure, weaponry, and warfighting methods.
SPRING 2022 EVENTS (Held in BRTH 240)
• Monday 21 February, 6:00-7:00pm: The KGB Lives on in Belarus
• Monday 28 February, 6:00-7:00pm: Mass Murders and Disappearances in Mexico (Special event, to be held in BRTH 112)
• Monday 14 March, 6:00-7:00pm: Women’s Rights in Saudi Arabia Under Mohamed Bin Salman
• Monday 21 March, 6:00-7:00pm: The Unknown Desert War in Western Sahara
• Monday 28 March, 6:00-7:00pm: The Domestic Politics of Taiwan
• Monday 4 April, 6:00-7:00pm: Austria: Western Europe’s Most Pro-Russian Country?
FALL 2021 EVENTS (Held in BRTH 240)
• November 15, 6:30-7:30pm: The Havana Syndrome: Spy Weapon, Medical Anomaly or Make-Believe? (Ana Maria Lankford, Cole Hancock, Lukas Delaney)
SPRING 2021 EVENTS (Held on Zoom, Look at your email for meeting links and access information)
• February 24, 7:00-7:50pm: The Resurgence of the Islamic State (Rick Storzieri)
• March 10, 7:00-7:50pm: Spain’s Mysterious Armed Separatist Movements (Ana Maria Lankford)
• March 24, 7:00-7:50pm: Alexei Navalny Versus the Russian Security Services (Morgan-McKay Hoppmann)
• April 14, 7:00-7:50pm: An Imminent War Between China and Taiwan? (Megan Shoop)
• April 28, 7:00-7:50pm: The German Far-Right and the Attack on the US Capitol (Jackson Hauf)
TO PROPOSE A TOPIC FOR PRESENTATION AT A CIB-TAG MEETING PLEASE COMPLETE THIS FORM: